CNC Machining of a Flare Cone for the Aerospace Industry
As a provider of precision CNC machining services, KL Steven has gained a reputation as a quality manufacturer of wide variety of aerospace components. This project highlights that ability as well as our ability to machine exotic materials.
Designed as a flare cone used in the fuel delivery system of a jet aircraft, this part is composed of a Ø 1.255", B50TF74 CL-A (UI88) super alloy with high nickel content. The customer supplied drawings called out dimensions of 1" x .400", with tolerances of ±.0005" on the outside diameter. Because of the difficulty in machining this type of material sinker EDM machining was used as well as CNC turning, drilling, and boring. The finished parts were then deburred, polished and received an electrochemical etch to apply the required markings. All parts received dimensional, visual, and FPI testing, if required we can also provide lab testing from an independent source. For more information on this project, or the processes used to manufacture it, see the table below or contact us directly.Request Quote
CNC Machining of a Flare Cone – Project Details
- Product Description
- Fuel delivery system component-jet aircraft engine.
- Precision CNC Turning Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- CNC Lathe, Diesinker EDM, Electrochemical Etch
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 1" x .400"
- Tightest Tolerances
- ±.0005" diameter
- Material Used
- B50TF74 CL-A (UI88) – Sheet Super Alloy (High nickel content)
O.D.: Ø 1.255"
- Material Finish
- Cold finished
- In Process Testing / Inspection Performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection, FPI Inspection, Lab testing if required
- Industry for Use
- Aerospace Industry
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 8 weeks (dependent on material lead time-proprietary, low volume alloy)
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Flare Cone